Re: [Czechlist] Query for Tomas

  • Michael Grant
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 1, 2000
      >As a penance for that AND the garbled heading AND the long superfluous text
      >at the end of your message:), please tell me how the school houses in the
      >Harry Potter books are translated into Czech - you know, Hufflepuff,
      >Ravenclaw, Slytherin and the noble sounding one that sounds like it was
      >ripped straight out of Lord of the Rings. What do you think of the
      >translation of these books?

      Speaking of Harry Potter, this showed up on Lantra today. It's
      Friday, so I hope you'll forgive me.

      Michael

      THE TOP REJECTED TITLES FOR THE NEXT
      "HARRY POTTER" BOOK

      16. Harry Potter and the Naughty Schoolmarm, Mrs. Letourneau
      15. Harry Potter and the Throbbing Muscle of Love
      14. Harry Potter and the Revenge of Montezuma
      13. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer from NAMBLA
      12. Harry Potter and the Painful Rectal Itch
      11. Harry Potter and the Decline of Literacy
      10. Harry Potter and the Sticky March Issue of "Hustler"
      9. Harry Potter and the Sorceress's Sore
      8. Harriet Potter After the Life-Altering Surgery
      7. Harry Potter and the Curse of the Lisp
      6. Harry Potter and the Inflatable Sheep
      5. Harry Potter and Spinning Grave of Tolkien
      4. Harry Potter and the Trenchcoat Mafia
      3. Harry Potter and the Carnivorous Pony
      2. Harry Potter and the Over-Hyped Children's Author and
      Clever Marketing Campaign
      1. Harry Potter and the Unexplainable Wad of Tissues

      Tel. (+1-512) 336-8911, Fax (+1-512) 336-8954