Re: [Czechlist] Query for Tomas

  • Tomás Skøont
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2000
      > Hi Tomas,
      >
      > As a penance for that AND the garbled heading AND the long superfluous
      text
      > at the end of your message:), please tell me how the school houses in the
      > Harry Potter books are translated into Czech - you know, Hufflepuff,
      > Ravenclaw, Slytherin and the noble sounding one that sounds like it was
      > ripped straight out of Lord of the Rings. What do you think of the
      > translation of these books?

      I am not able to connect the Czech "equivalents" with the English ones, but
      I guess you will succeed.
      I have an extract from "Harry Porter and Kámen mudrcu" in front of me. Here
      are the words you were (and are) eager to hear: Nebelvír and Bradavice.

      I had more extract, but I cannot find them right now! I will search for them
      over the weekend.

      Bye,
      Tomas