Wired vs. wireless

  • tomas_barendregt
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 6, 2004
      Hello,

      Can you please suggest a good translation for "wired network" as
      opposed to "wireless network"? Clearly, "wireless" is "bezdratovy"
      but for "wired" I am unsure. So far, I have gone with "kabelová
      sit"; it seems to me that "dratova sit" is a bit slangy.

      Any thoughts?

      Thank you,

      Tom
    • kzgafas
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 6, 2004
        --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, "tomas_barendregt"
        <barendregt@e...> wrote:
        > Can you please suggest a good translation for "wired network" as
        > opposed to "wireless network"? Clearly, "wireless" is "bezdratovy"
        > but for "wired" I am unsure. So far, I have gone with "kabelová
        > sit"; it seems to me that "dratova sit" is a bit slangy.
        >
        > Any thoughts?

        Maybe "pevna sit"?

        K.
      • Jan Culka
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 7, 2004
          The best solution os "kabelova". "Dratova" is never used, "pevna" can be
          also wireless, "kabelova" covers both "metalicka" and "opticka".
          Ciao, Honza

          Can you please suggest a good translation for "wired network" as
          opposed to "wireless network"? Clearly, "wireless" is "bezdratovy"
          but for "wired" I am unsure. So far, I have gone with "kabelová
          sit"; it seems to me that "dratova sit" is a bit slangy.

          Any thoughts?

          Thank you,

          Tom

          Czechlist Users' Guide:

          http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Forum/7953/newfaq.html

          Yahoo! Groups Links
        • tomas_barendregt
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 8, 2004
            --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, "Jan Culka" <culka@m...> wrote:
            > The best solution os "kabelova". "Dratova" is never used, "pevna"
            can be
            > also wireless, "kabelova" covers both "metalicka" and "opticka".
            > Ciao, Honza

            Thank you, Kostas and Honza, for your help. I am goinf with "kabelova
            sit".

            Tom