Re: [Czechlist] Re: President of the Board of Governors

  • Mike Trittipo
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 4, 2004
      Michael Grant napsal:

      >> think the "board of governors" term is most common in not-for-profits,
      >

      > Sure, but don't they mostly still have "chair(wo-)men" rather than
      > "presidents"? I suspect contamination from German.

      I haven't done a survey to know about "mostly," but a search on the
      exact phrase "president of the board of governors" produces 755 Google
      hits, the majority (though not all) of which from the first 20 of which
      appear American outside the pale of German influence (although the
      minority does include German, Australian, & others):

      http://www.google.com/search?q=%22president+of+the+board+of+governors%22&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=cs&btnG=Vyhledat+Googlem&lr=

      http://www.rickross.com/reference/theater/theater14.html
      *Mr. Frank Pierson*
      *President, Board of Governors*
      *The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences*
      *8949 Wilshire Blvd.*
      *Beverly Hills, CA 90211-1972*

      *http://www.emory.edu/EMORY_MAGAZINE/autumn2003/register_one.html*
      *A*s the new president of the Board of Governors, Emory’s foremost
      alumni leadership group, *Greg Vaughn ’87C* has a clear vision of what
      he hopes to accomplish during his term.

      http://www.cccco.edu/news/press/press_2002/press_november/press_112002.htm
      *Catherine L. Unger *of Los Angeles, President of the Board of
      Governors. Unger is a private public affairs consultant whose clients
      have included the University of Southern California's Annenberg School
      for Communication and the University of California, Berkeley.

      *http://www.mentalhealthandmedia.org/governors/*
      *Harvard Medical School*
      Board of Governors
      *Gary Gottlieb, M.D.*, President, Brigham and Women's Hospital, and
      Professor of Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA. President
      of the Board of Governors.

      *
      *