Re: Belated response to Melvyn's footnote on "veda, vedecky"

  • kzgafas
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 3, 2004
      I would say, probably seconded by Foucault:-) that the inclusion of
      humanities among scientific fields has been promoted by
      establishments in power to get justification ("scientific"
      explanation) of that power. As far as translating into English is
      concerned, I strategically propose:-) to avoid using the
      word "scientifc" in relation to humanities.

      K.