Re: [Czechlist] LEGALESE: vyvinit se

  • Machovcova Eva
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 2, 2004
      Dobry den,

      Neslo by zde pouzi i termin disclaim liability for st.? Nasla jsem tyto priklady vet. From his liability musi byt uvedeno.

      Petitioner cannot exculpate itself from liability by claiming that respondent networks were themselves negligent.

      a.. Schools and school districts probably cannot disclaim liability for copyright infringement by students or employees.

      Eva
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 2, 2004
        In a message dated 3/2/04 3:46:53 AM, veselypetr@... writes:

        > Tato adresa je mistem, kde ma byt dorucovana veskera korespondence a
        > kupujici se nemuze vyvinit, ze se na teto adrese nezdrzuje.
        >
        > My translation:
        > .....and the Purchaser cannot be exculpated from his liabilities by claiming
        > that he does not dwell at this address.

        I think exculpate is probably okay here, unless you want to say, "and the
        purchaser cannot wiggle out of paying by claiming not to be at this address."
        ;-)

        The term I am wondering about here is "liabilities". I am not a lawyer, but
        it seems to me it may not be appropriate here.