Re: [Czechlist] RE: Query

  • Kostas Zgafas
    Message 1 of 58 , Aug 29, 2000
      > Especially, if you quoted your price as X cents/word and not as XX
      > cents/word, ie. under 10 US cents/word :-)
      >
      > Otto

      Well, Otto, I would be the first in quoting XX, if I could. But we have good
      friends here, who quote 4 cents/word "in the name of free market". That´s
      why I wanted to get a more insight into the thinking on the other side of
      the wire.

      Kostas
    • JPKIRCHNER@aol.com
      Message 58 of 58 , Sep 9, 2000
        In a message dated 9/9/00 2:29:03 PM, kzgafas@... writes:

        >Jak byste pracovali (sklonovali) v ceskem textu se slovem Broadway? Napr.
        >muzikaly na Broadway?

        That kind of problem is easily evaded in Czech by preceding Broadway with
        something like "divadelni ctvrt", then you don't have to decline "Broadway".
        Czechs do that all the time. That's even how Czechs escape declining numbers
        in their own language ("v roce 1874" instead of "v 1874"). Anyway, nebylo by
        slovo "Broadway" sklonovano podle vzoru "stroj"?