Re: [Czechlist] Re: Zdravotni nezavadnost THANKS

  • Petr Veselý
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 4, 2004
      Thanks, Sarka and Melvyn,

      > Not an ideal solution but at a pinch you might consider 'harmlessness'.
      The narrower 'non-toxicity' has been suggested in the past for some contexts
      too. For a discussion of phrases that can be used for 'nezavadny', check out
      messages 699, 702, 703, 710, 711, 712 and 713 in the archive.

      I like the "non-toxicity" alternative, a narrower meaning is the thing I
      need. I think that "bezpecnost potravin" and "zdravotni nezavadnost
      potravin" in fact mean the same thing but the latter phrase is more specific
      and that's why I prefer a specific alternative here too. If it were the only
      phrase in the document (no "bezpecnost potravin" there) I would then choose
      "safety" or "health", as others have suggested.
      As for the archive search, I encountered similar problems as Jirka B.
      described, what is more, after each search round the phrase-to-be-looked-for
      disappeared (like the town of Dis) and I had to type it again. So I gave up
      after a few rounds as this search was vere very time consuming.

      BR
      Petr