RE: [Czechlist] Re: Menu Items (again)

  • Rubková
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 2, 2004
      Hi Coilin,

      I think you are right concerning Hotel varie, at least I would translate it
      as you did

      Sarka

      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 14, 2004
        Hi there,
        I have two quick menu questions for you all.

        1) Would I be right in assuming that a "vysoky veprovy steak" is
        simply a "thick" pork steak?

        2) Would I also be right in assuming that the koleno in a "pecene
        uzene koleno" would be pork (i.e. pork knuckle)

        MTIA
      • Martina Silpoch
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 14, 2004
          Agree with the roasted or baked smoked pork knee assumption, any
          other knee would be too bony and dry and beef somehow doesn't seem
          suited for smoking.
          Not sure about the thick steak though,
          M.