Re: Menu Items (again)

  • coilinoc
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 2, 2004
      --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, "Martin Janda" <mjanda@g...> wrote:
      > Hi Coilin,

      Thanks Martin,

      > 2 ks Hotel varie (this is in the starters section so I have a
      > > feeling it might be something like s "Selection of hotel hors-
      > > doeuvres")
      > Strange - the Czech does not make sense. Are u sure there are no
      hacky a
      > carky?

      Yep,
      It is definitely "varie". I thought perhaps it could be a typo
      for "varia", which the Slovnik cizich slov describes as "smes
      ruznych veci"...

      Thanks again
      Coilin
    • Rubková
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 2, 2004
        Hi Coilin,

        I think you are right concerning Hotel varie, at least I would translate it
        as you did

        Sarka

        > 2 ks Hotel varie (this is in the starters section so I have a
        > > feeling it might be something like s "Selection of hotel hors-
        > > doeuvres")
        > Strange - the Czech does not make sense. Are u sure there are no
        hacky a
        > carky?

        Yep,
        It is definitely "varie". I thought perhaps it could be a typo
        for "varia", which the Slovnik cizich slov describes as "smes
        ruznych veci"...

        Thanks again
        Coilin

        Potrebujete nejake hezke cteni na dobrou noc? Czechlist Users' Guide:

        http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Forum/7953/newfaq.html

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        To visit your group on the web, go to:

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        ---
        Pøíchozí zpráva neobsahuje viry.

        ---
        Odchozí zpráva neobsahuje viry.
      • coilinoc
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 14, 2004
          Hi there,
          I have two quick menu questions for you all.

          1) Would I be right in assuming that a "vysoky veprovy steak" is
          simply a "thick" pork steak?

          2) Would I also be right in assuming that the koleno in a "pecene
          uzene koleno" would be pork (i.e. pork knuckle)

          MTIA
        • Martina Silpoch
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 14, 2004
            Agree with the roasted or baked smoked pork knee assumption, any
            other knee would be too bony and dry and beef somehow doesn't seem
            suited for smoking.
            Not sure about the thick steak though,
            M.