Re: CHAT Inuit instruction continued

    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 30, 2004
      --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, "Beata Rodlingova"
      <beatarodlingova@h...> wrote:
      > For anyone interested (and based in Prague) I can supply
      Greenlandic
      > pop CDs offline. (Warning: very bad pop and I mean very bad pop)

      Oh wow. A friend of mine based in London once cycled over here (only
      took him two weeks) to find some additions to his large vinyl
      collection of Central and Eastern European Abba-soundalikes (very
      chic and all the rage in his circles, he told me, and when I told a
      Hungarian acquaintance from the Svepomoc list, who runs a small DVD
      operation in Budapest, she pricked up her ears almost as much as
      when I told her that sperm-whale song is the perfect accompaniment
      to wrong-note piano music by Bela Bartok). He (my cyclist friend, not Bela
      Bartok) then went over to Greenland to help build a skating-rink
      there and he told me that their pop music subsequently went down
      very well among his friends in London. What goes around comes around, I guess.

      Congratulations on your native-like proficiency in Esperanto,
      Beata. :-)