Re: Speech Recognition WAS (a lot of things) - Da Breetish... among others

  • Lucie Formankova
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 26, 2004
      > No... but as far as I've heard, Naturally Speaking Dragon should
      be one of
      > the best stuff.
      >
      > There were some attempts (IBM, I believe) to set up this for Czech
      in mid
      > 90s, but they stopped it - the market is too small and too poor :-
      )))

      > M.

      Currently, they're working on speech recognition and speech
      synthesis at the FAV (Fakulta aplikovanych ved) in Plzen. I know
      some of the people there in person so I've heard quite a lot about
      it, although I'm not an expert and I certainly couldn't give a full
      report. All I know is they've made quite a progress over the past
      two years.

      Lucie