Re: [Czechlist] Re: Fw: jakoby vs. jako by

  • Petr Veselý
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 4, 2004
      Hi Melvyn,

      > Petr V. - Strucna mluvnice ceska - p. 95!!! :-) Otherwise many thanks for
      your ideas. I'll incorporate them in due course!

      Never heard of such book. Sounds like a boring reading :)))
      Seriously, I cannot object the Czech grammarians' bible. The thing is, I've
      never heard the word used this way so far. You can object that it is
      "spisovne", I can object that almost nobody uses it as it can confuse the
      reader, as it did this time.

      Petr