Re: [Czechlist] Bonitni klient THANKS

  • JPKIRCHNER@aol.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 2, 2004
      In a message dated 1/2/04 10:22:29 AM, veselypetr@... writes:

      >I decided to use "credible client" as it has more positive connotation than
      >the word "solvent" and it also suggests that the client is reliable, IMHO.

      "Credible" only suggests that the client does not lie. It only very
      indirectly says anything about his creditworthiness, if it says anything at all about
      it.

      You should probably say "creditworthy client".

      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 2, 2004
        --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, JPKIRCHNER@a... wrote:

        > In a message dated 1/2/04 10:22:29 AM, veselypetr@p... writes:
        >
        > >I decided to use "credible client" as it has more positive connotation than
        > >the word "solvent" and it also suggests that the client is reliable, IMHO.
        >
        > "Credible" only suggests that the client does not lie. It only very
        > indirectly says anything about his creditworthiness, if it says anything at all about
        > it.
        >
        > You should probably say "creditworthy client".

        I was going to say pretty much the same thing.

        M.
      • Helena Subrtova
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 4, 2004
          Petr Veselý wrote:

          > Hi Helga,
          >
          > > especially the UK, Austria and Germany where e.g. Internet Banking is
          > > absolutely free and many other services are a lot cheaper than here...
          >
          > You are right, the cheapest e-banking offered by Czech banks, the Servis24
          > from Ceska sporitelna, still costs you about 100,- per month in total. At
          > other Czech banks (probably except for e-banka) it is much more
          > expensive.
          > >
          > What really drives me mad is when Sporitelna keeps charging 20,- CZK
          > for the
          > calculation of monthly interest, which at the beginning was even lower
          > than
          > this fee.
          >
          > Petr
          >

          > CZECHLIST RESOURCES:

          > *Yahoo! Groups Sponsor*
          > <http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=12c543lkb/M=267637.4116730.5333196.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1705043588:HM/EXP=1073145618/A=1853618/R=0/*http://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=60178338&partid=4116730>

          The Internet Banking from the CSOB is free of charge.

          Helena
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 5, 2004
            I beg to disagree. Ceska Sporitelna, a rather rigid dinosaur in the Czech
            market, charges quite often more for the new channels than other banks. I
            believe I pay something like CZK 100 for a package of two channels (cell
            phone + e-banking) 'u Elektrikaru' (GE Capital Bank). But true, the Czech
            market has still a long to go before we get these things free as in the
            'civilized' countries....

            > > > especially the UK, Austria and Germany where e.g. Internet Banking is
            > > > absolutely free and many other services are a lot cheaper than here...
            > >
            > > You are right, the cheapest e-banking offered by Czech banks, the
            Servis24
            > > from Ceska sporitelna, still costs you about 100,- per month in total.
            At
            > > other Czech banks (probably except for e-banka) it is much more
            > > expensive.
            > > >
            > > What really drives me mad is when Sporitelna keeps charging 20,- CZK
            > > for the
            > > calculation of monthly interest, which at the beginning was even lower
            > > than
            > > this fee.
            > >
            > > Petr
            > >

            > > CZECHLIST RESOURCES:

            > > *Yahoo! Groups Sponsor*

            <http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=12c543lkb/M=267637.4116730.5333196.1261774/D=egroup
            web/S=1705043588:HM/EXP=1073145618/A=1853618/R=0/*http://www.netflix.com/Def
            ault?mqso=60178338&partid=4116730>

            > The Internet Banking from the CSOB is free of charge.
            >
            > Helena
            >

            > CZECHLIST RESOURCES:

            > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          • Terminus Technicus
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 5, 2004
              Hi Martin and Jirka (and maybe others, I just got back to 288 unread
              Czechlist messages...),

              > market has still a long to go before we get these things free as in the
              > 'civilized' countries....

              I have a bank account in the UK (Bank of Scottland) where I managed to
              obtain on-line access (for checking the balance only!!!) after much
              trouble - it's free, true, but the whole thing is very primitive - just a
              password and login name they send you the way you receive credit card
              PIN's - and you have to get a new one every time you re-install your system,
              or want to log-in from another machine... and the interface is not very
              user-friendly - maybe they intended it babicka-friendly...

              My wife has an account in the US - I was stupid to close mine when I was
              leaving there - (Chevy Chase Bank) and we also managed to get online
              access - I think she can also send money from there, but it would be too
              expensive anyway... again, it's free, but anyone can get in if they catch
              her getting in from an unprotected machine - login name and password, then
              the credit card number !!! - so if someone hacks your account, they also
              have your credit-card number...

              Meanwhile back home, I've been a happy user of eBanka (formerly Expandia)
              for about five years now, with two accounts and about to open another one...
              the cost differs with what you want and how much of it you want, and also
              with the time you opened your account (they changed the charges a few times
              and the original ones always seem to be better, but gone for new clients
              ...)... for one account, I pay something like 160 Kc a month, for the other
              I don't pay anything as long as I keep an average balance of over CZK 30k
              there... the security (as far as I can tell with the little I know about IT
              security) is far better - you generate an extra code from a calculator-like
              device (or a phone, or on-line) using your PIN every time you do
              something... it's sometimes annoying to have to play with the calculator
              thing for a while before your order/request is processed, but it's worth
              it...

              It may seem costly, but comapred to tother banks' "online banking" I've seen
              and heard of, it's money well spend... both my accounts are "osobni ucet",
              for "podnikatelsky", the charge is about 20 Kc/mo more, plus you can
              download all your statements in a file format that can be imported into most
              accounting programs!!, I don't think anyone else offers that many functions,
              you can do just about anything online or with GSM banking, two accounts in
              foreign currencies with the same features for the same charge... etc. etc...
              I should start charging them promo fees :)

              I tried to get a similar feature for a couple of accounts I keep in CSOB and
              it's ridiculous in comparison...

              Enjoy your on-line banking!