RE: [Czechlist] Bonitni klient THANKS

  • Helga Humlova
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 2, 2004
      Petre,
      CR je velice vyspela, ale....

      So you don't consider the Czech Republic to be "vyspela zeme"? :((((

      [Helga] Regarding the banking charges we are still faaaaar behind.....
      especially the UK, Austria and Germany where e.g. Internet Banking is
      absolutely free and many other services are a lot cheaper than here...
    • Petr Veselý
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 2, 2004
        Hi Helga,

        > especially the UK, Austria and Germany where e.g. Internet Banking is
        > absolutely free and many other services are a lot cheaper than here...

        You are right, the cheapest e-banking offered by Czech banks, the Servis24
        from Ceska sporitelna, still costs you about 100,- per month in total. At
        other Czech banks (probably except for e-banka) it is much more expensive.

        What really drives me mad is when Sporitelna keeps charging 20,- CZK for the
        calculation of monthly interest, which at the beginning was even lower than
        this fee.

        Petr
      • JPKIRCHNER@aol.com
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 2, 2004
          In a message dated 1/2/04 10:22:29 AM, veselypetr@... writes:

          >I decided to use "credible client" as it has more positive connotation than
          >the word "solvent" and it also suggests that the client is reliable, IMHO.

          "Credible" only suggests that the client does not lie. It only very
          indirectly says anything about his creditworthiness, if it says anything at all about
          it.

          You should probably say "creditworthy client".

          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 2, 2004
            --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, JPKIRCHNER@a... wrote:

            > In a message dated 1/2/04 10:22:29 AM, veselypetr@p... writes:
            >
            > >I decided to use "credible client" as it has more positive connotation than
            > >the word "solvent" and it also suggests that the client is reliable, IMHO.
            >
            > "Credible" only suggests that the client does not lie. It only very
            > indirectly says anything about his creditworthiness, if it says anything at all about
            > it.
            >
            > You should probably say "creditworthy client".

            I was going to say pretty much the same thing.

            M.
          • Helena Subrtova
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 4, 2004
              Petr Veselý wrote:

              > Hi Helga,
              >
              > > especially the UK, Austria and Germany where e.g. Internet Banking is
              > > absolutely free and many other services are a lot cheaper than here...
              >
              > You are right, the cheapest e-banking offered by Czech banks, the Servis24
              > from Ceska sporitelna, still costs you about 100,- per month in total. At
              > other Czech banks (probably except for e-banka) it is much more
              > expensive.
              > >
              > What really drives me mad is when Sporitelna keeps charging 20,- CZK
              > for the
              > calculation of monthly interest, which at the beginning was even lower
              > than
              > this fee.
              >
              > Petr
              >

              > CZECHLIST RESOURCES:

              > *Yahoo! Groups Sponsor*
              > <http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=12c543lkb/M=267637.4116730.5333196.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1705043588:HM/EXP=1073145618/A=1853618/R=0/*http://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=60178338&partid=4116730>

              The Internet Banking from the CSOB is free of charge.

              Helena
              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 5, 2004
                I beg to disagree. Ceska Sporitelna, a rather rigid dinosaur in the Czech
                market, charges quite often more for the new channels than other banks. I
                believe I pay something like CZK 100 for a package of two channels (cell
                phone + e-banking) 'u Elektrikaru' (GE Capital Bank). But true, the Czech
                market has still a long to go before we get these things free as in the
                'civilized' countries....

                > > > especially the UK, Austria and Germany where e.g. Internet Banking is
                > > > absolutely free and many other services are a lot cheaper than here...
                > >
                > > You are right, the cheapest e-banking offered by Czech banks, the
                Servis24
                > > from Ceska sporitelna, still costs you about 100,- per month in total.
                At
                > > other Czech banks (probably except for e-banka) it is much more
                > > expensive.
                > > >
                > > What really drives me mad is when Sporitelna keeps charging 20,- CZK
                > > for the
                > > calculation of monthly interest, which at the beginning was even lower
                > > than
                > > this fee.
                > >
                > > Petr
                > >

                > > CZECHLIST RESOURCES:

                > > *Yahoo! Groups Sponsor*

                <http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=12c543lkb/M=267637.4116730.5333196.1261774/D=egroup
                web/S=1705043588:HM/EXP=1073145618/A=1853618/R=0/*http://www.netflix.com/Def
                ault?mqso=60178338&partid=4116730>

                > The Internet Banking from the CSOB is free of charge.
                >
                > Helena
                >

                > CZECHLIST RESOURCES:

                > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

              • Terminus Technicus
                Message 7 of 8 , Jan 5, 2004
                  Hi Martin and Jirka (and maybe others, I just got back to 288 unread
                  Czechlist messages...),

                  > market has still a long to go before we get these things free as in the
                  > 'civilized' countries....

                  I have a bank account in the UK (Bank of Scottland) where I managed to
                  obtain on-line access (for checking the balance only!!!) after much
                  trouble - it's free, true, but the whole thing is very primitive - just a
                  password and login name they send you the way you receive credit card
                  PIN's - and you have to get a new one every time you re-install your system,
                  or want to log-in from another machine... and the interface is not very
                  user-friendly - maybe they intended it babicka-friendly...

                  My wife has an account in the US - I was stupid to close mine when I was
                  leaving there - (Chevy Chase Bank) and we also managed to get online
                  access - I think she can also send money from there, but it would be too
                  expensive anyway... again, it's free, but anyone can get in if they catch
                  her getting in from an unprotected machine - login name and password, then
                  the credit card number !!! - so if someone hacks your account, they also
                  have your credit-card number...

                  Meanwhile back home, I've been a happy user of eBanka (formerly Expandia)
                  for about five years now, with two accounts and about to open another one...
                  the cost differs with what you want and how much of it you want, and also
                  with the time you opened your account (they changed the charges a few times
                  and the original ones always seem to be better, but gone for new clients
                  ...)... for one account, I pay something like 160 Kc a month, for the other
                  I don't pay anything as long as I keep an average balance of over CZK 30k
                  there... the security (as far as I can tell with the little I know about IT
                  security) is far better - you generate an extra code from a calculator-like
                  device (or a phone, or on-line) using your PIN every time you do
                  something... it's sometimes annoying to have to play with the calculator
                  thing for a while before your order/request is processed, but it's worth
                  it...

                  It may seem costly, but comapred to tother banks' "online banking" I've seen
                  and heard of, it's money well spend... both my accounts are "osobni ucet",
                  for "podnikatelsky", the charge is about 20 Kc/mo more, plus you can
                  download all your statements in a file format that can be imported into most
                  accounting programs!!, I don't think anyone else offers that many functions,
                  you can do just about anything online or with GSM banking, two accounts in
                  foreign currencies with the same features for the same charge... etc. etc...
                  I should start charging them promo fees :)

                  I tried to get a similar feature for a couple of accounts I keep in CSOB and
                  it's ridiculous in comparison...

                  Enjoy your on-line banking!