Re: [Czechlist] Bonitni klient THANKS

  • Petr Veselý
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 2, 2004
      Many thanks, Helga and Jirka,

      I decided to use "credible client" as it has more positive connotation than
      the word "solvent" and it also suggests that the client is reliable, IMHO.

      > Mozna ze si ta banka uz vypujcila vyraz, ktery je ve vyzpelych zemich
      > absolutne bezny.
      So you don't consider the Czech Republic to be "vyspela zeme"? :((((

      . That means the bank judges
      > the client based on the client's banking history (e.g. how many loans
      > the client had, how he paid them back, etc.).

      That's exactly what's the text about.

      Regards,
      Petr
    • Helga Humlova
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 2, 2004
        Petre,
        CR je velice vyspela, ale....

        So you don't consider the Czech Republic to be "vyspela zeme"? :((((

        [Helga] Regarding the banking charges we are still faaaaar behind.....
        especially the UK, Austria and Germany where e.g. Internet Banking is
        absolutely free and many other services are a lot cheaper than here...
      • Petr Veselý
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 2, 2004
          Hi Helga,

          > especially the UK, Austria and Germany where e.g. Internet Banking is
          > absolutely free and many other services are a lot cheaper than here...

          You are right, the cheapest e-banking offered by Czech banks, the Servis24
          from Ceska sporitelna, still costs you about 100,- per month in total. At
          other Czech banks (probably except for e-banka) it is much more expensive.

          What really drives me mad is when Sporitelna keeps charging 20,- CZK for the
          calculation of monthly interest, which at the beginning was even lower than
          this fee.

          Petr
        • JPKIRCHNER@aol.com
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 2, 2004
            In a message dated 1/2/04 10:22:29 AM, veselypetr@... writes:

            >I decided to use "credible client" as it has more positive connotation than
            >the word "solvent" and it also suggests that the client is reliable, IMHO.

            "Credible" only suggests that the client does not lie. It only very
            indirectly says anything about his creditworthiness, if it says anything at all about
            it.

            You should probably say "creditworthy client".

            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 2, 2004
              --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, JPKIRCHNER@a... wrote:

              > In a message dated 1/2/04 10:22:29 AM, veselypetr@p... writes:
              >
              > >I decided to use "credible client" as it has more positive connotation than
              > >the word "solvent" and it also suggests that the client is reliable, IMHO.
              >
              > "Credible" only suggests that the client does not lie. It only very
              > indirectly says anything about his creditworthiness, if it says anything at all about
              > it.
              >
              > You should probably say "creditworthy client".

              I was going to say pretty much the same thing.

              M.
            • Helena Subrtova
              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 4, 2004
                Petr Veselý wrote:

                > Hi Helga,
                >
                > > especially the UK, Austria and Germany where e.g. Internet Banking is
                > > absolutely free and many other services are a lot cheaper than here...
                >
                > You are right, the cheapest e-banking offered by Czech banks, the Servis24
                > from Ceska sporitelna, still costs you about 100,- per month in total. At
                > other Czech banks (probably except for e-banka) it is much more
                > expensive.
                > >
                > What really drives me mad is when Sporitelna keeps charging 20,- CZK
                > for the
                > calculation of monthly interest, which at the beginning was even lower
                > than
                > this fee.
                >
                > Petr
                >

                > CZECHLIST RESOURCES:

                > *Yahoo! Groups Sponsor*
                > <http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=12c543lkb/M=267637.4116730.5333196.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1705043588:HM/EXP=1073145618/A=1853618/R=0/*http://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=60178338&partid=4116730>

                The Internet Banking from the CSOB is free of charge.

                Helena
                Message 7 of 8 , Jan 5, 2004
                  I beg to disagree. Ceska Sporitelna, a rather rigid dinosaur in the Czech
                  market, charges quite often more for the new channels than other banks. I
                  believe I pay something like CZK 100 for a package of two channels (cell
                  phone + e-banking) 'u Elektrikaru' (GE Capital Bank). But true, the Czech
                  market has still a long to go before we get these things free as in the
                  'civilized' countries....

                  > > > especially the UK, Austria and Germany where e.g. Internet Banking is
                  > > > absolutely free and many other services are a lot cheaper than here...
                  > >
                  > > You are right, the cheapest e-banking offered by Czech banks, the
                  Servis24
                  > > from Ceska sporitelna, still costs you about 100,- per month in total.
                  At
                  > > other Czech banks (probably except for e-banka) it is much more
                  > > expensive.
                  > > >
                  > > What really drives me mad is when Sporitelna keeps charging 20,- CZK
                  > > for the
                  > > calculation of monthly interest, which at the beginning was even lower
                  > > than
                  > > this fee.
                  > >
                  > > Petr
                  > >

                  > > CZECHLIST RESOURCES:

                  > > *Yahoo! Groups Sponsor*

                  <http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=12c543lkb/M=267637.4116730.5333196.1261774/D=egroup
                  web/S=1705043588:HM/EXP=1073145618/A=1853618/R=0/*http://www.netflix.com/Def
                  ault?mqso=60178338&partid=4116730>

                  > The Internet Banking from the CSOB is free of charge.
                  >
                  > Helena
                  >

                  > CZECHLIST RESOURCES:

                  > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                • Terminus Technicus
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jan 5, 2004
                    Hi Martin and Jirka (and maybe others, I just got back to 288 unread
                    Czechlist messages...),

                    > market has still a long to go before we get these things free as in the
                    > 'civilized' countries....

                    I have a bank account in the UK (Bank of Scottland) where I managed to
                    obtain on-line access (for checking the balance only!!!) after much
                    trouble - it's free, true, but the whole thing is very primitive - just a
                    password and login name they send you the way you receive credit card
                    PIN's - and you have to get a new one every time you re-install your system,
                    or want to log-in from another machine... and the interface is not very
                    user-friendly - maybe they intended it babicka-friendly...

                    My wife has an account in the US - I was stupid to close mine when I was
                    leaving there - (Chevy Chase Bank) and we also managed to get online
                    access - I think she can also send money from there, but it would be too
                    expensive anyway... again, it's free, but anyone can get in if they catch
                    her getting in from an unprotected machine - login name and password, then
                    the credit card number !!! - so if someone hacks your account, they also
                    have your credit-card number...

                    Meanwhile back home, I've been a happy user of eBanka (formerly Expandia)
                    for about five years now, with two accounts and about to open another one...
                    the cost differs with what you want and how much of it you want, and also
                    with the time you opened your account (they changed the charges a few times
                    and the original ones always seem to be better, but gone for new clients
                    ...)... for one account, I pay something like 160 Kc a month, for the other
                    I don't pay anything as long as I keep an average balance of over CZK 30k
                    there... the security (as far as I can tell with the little I know about IT
                    security) is far better - you generate an extra code from a calculator-like
                    device (or a phone, or on-line) using your PIN every time you do
                    something... it's sometimes annoying to have to play with the calculator
                    thing for a while before your order/request is processed, but it's worth
                    it...

                    It may seem costly, but comapred to tother banks' "online banking" I've seen
                    and heard of, it's money well spend... both my accounts are "osobni ucet",
                    for "podnikatelsky", the charge is about 20 Kc/mo more, plus you can
                    download all your statements in a file format that can be imported into most
                    accounting programs!!, I don't think anyone else offers that many functions,
                    you can do just about anything online or with GSM banking, two accounts in
                    foreign currencies with the same features for the same charge... etc. etc...
                    I should start charging them promo fees :)

                    I tried to get a similar feature for a couple of accounts I keep in CSOB and
                    it's ridiculous in comparison...

                    Enjoy your on-line banking!