RE: [Czechlist] Bonitni klient

  • Helga Humlova
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 2, 2004
      Pet�e,
      Mozna ze si ta banka uz vypujcila vyraz, ktery je ve vyzpelych zemich
      absolutne bezny. V NJ zemich se mluvi o "bonitaet" coz je v AJ credit
      history, credit rating or creditworthiness. That means the bank judges
      the client based on the client's banking history (e.g. how many loans
      the client had, how he paid them back, etc.).

      Helga

      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 2, 2004
        Hi Petr,

        Fronek has "solvency", "credibility", and "standing" for "bonita" as of a
        business. I guess they fit.

        Jirka Bolech
      • vollams
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 2, 2004
          I find that this is very context-dependent. "Solvent" and "creditworthy"
          are both good options but are specific in meaning. "Sound" or "reliable"
          are more general and are also both OK. There are various other
          possibilities ("of good financial standing", for instance), but I
          wouldn't recommend "affluent".

          Simon