[Czechlist] Bonitni klient

  • Petr Veselý
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 2, 2004
      Hi folks,

      I would welcome advice on the term above.
      Is it a poshy word for "rich" and thus could be translated as "affluent
      client", or does it mean a "solvent client"?
      Or does it mean sth. completely different? :)))
      The text is a bank statement about a company.

      TIA
      Petr
    • Helga Humlova
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 2, 2004
        Pet�e,
        Mozna ze si ta banka uz vypujcila vyraz, ktery je ve vyzpelych zemich
        absolutne bezny. V NJ zemich se mluvi o "bonitaet" coz je v AJ credit
        history, credit rating or creditworthiness. That means the bank judges
        the client based on the client's banking history (e.g. how many loans
        the client had, how he paid them back, etc.).

        Helga

        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 2, 2004
          Hi Petr,

          Fronek has "solvency", "credibility", and "standing" for "bonita" as of a
          business. I guess they fit.

          Jirka Bolech
        • vollams
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 2, 2004
            I find that this is very context-dependent. "Solvent" and "creditworthy"
            are both good options but are specific in meaning. "Sound" or "reliable"
            are more general and are also both OK. There are various other
            possibilities ("of good financial standing", for instance), but I
            wouldn't recommend "affluent".

            Simon