Re: CHAT: Carols - last contribution

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 29, 2003
      --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, Petr Veselý <veselypetr@p...> wrote:

      > I wonder you don't know at least the name, from literature or history lessons.

      I'm afraid the only American history I ever learnt as a kid was from American Civil War bubble gum cards (still, I bet a pint that nobody else here on this list knows what the S stands for in Ulysses S. Grant's name - except for Michael Lee Grant, of course :-))

      >He wrote "The Sinners in the Hands of and Agry God" and many other
      > famous sermons.

      Well, I learn something every day on this list.

      > You bet I am gonna read all your own Czech stuff VERY CAREFULLY now!!!
      > :-)))

      Many thanks for your offlist corrections of my journal. Very helpful.

      > Well, let's stop this duel, the Christmas is over and back to translation matters.

      Very well! I shall observe a truce...until next Christmas!!