Re: [Czechlist] Re: Help: *hlavni pracovni pomer"

  • PSS Praha - Coilin O' Connor
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 29, 2003
      Thanks Melvyn!
      Coilin
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: "melvyn.geo" <zehrovak@...>
      To: <Czechlist@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Monday, December 22, 2003 12:32 AM
      Subject: [Czechlist] Re: Help: *hlavni pracovni pomer"

      > --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, "PSS Praha - Coilin O' Connor"
      <coilin.oconnor@s...> wrote:
      > > Hi could anyone explain what precisely is meant by the above-mentioned
      term.

      > "Main employment (relationship)" sounds a bit odd to my ears.
      > >

      > My HR glossary actually suggests 'main employment' for 'hlavni pracovni
      pomer'. Myself, I prefer 'primary employment' because it contrasts nicely
      with 'secondary employment' and is reasonably clear and self-explanatory
      IMHO. Normally, I'd miss out the 'pomer' bit but FWIW I find that
      Anglophones will talk of an 'employment contract' in situations where Czechs
      talk of an employment relationship or arrangement so I'll occasionally use
      that alternative viewpoint when context permits.