Re: [Czechlist] Help: Some kinds of mereni

  • Terminus Technicus
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 2, 2003
      Hi Coilin,

      would help if we know what the tender is for, or what industry are we
      speaking of, but sound vaguely construction (walls measured for
      deformations, verticality and dimensions...)

      > deformometricka mereni? if I'm on the right track, then
      Deformation measurement, see:
      http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=%22deformation+measurement%22

      > konvergencni mereni (Convergence measurement?) sounds
      OK to me (& Google AFAICT)

      > náklonomerna mereni (tiltmeter measurement?) I'd go
      for incline measurement, see:

      http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=incline+measurement

      .. could be creep measurement if it concerned underground structures

      Matej
    • jrozek1997
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 3, 2003
        Hi Coilin,

        all terms apply for monitoring in underground
        construction/tunnelling/geotechnics.

        > deformometricka mereni?
        displacement measurement (deformeter is just one type of measuring
        device (on the surface), others are extensometers, inclinometers etc.
        (in boreholes)). Deformation measurement works too.

        > konvergencni mereni (convergence measurement?)
        Yes.

        > náklonomerna mereni (tiltmeter measurement?)
        Again, tiltmeter (prenosny naklonomer) is the device you measure
        with, so you could use it. I suggest "inclination measurement" as a
        general word. I don't agree with "creep measurement".

        You can have a look at www.solexperts.com, a Swiss company that
        manufactures these measuring devices for their terminology.

        Jan Rozek