RE: [Czechlist] Re: TERM: polosed

  • Helga Humlova
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 3, 2003
      Guys, you are kidding!!!! It was Kostaz, who first mentioned it!!!!! I just
      Google checked (my first bet was half-seated) and confirmed, that I think he
      is right!!!!!!

      H.

      > > Thanks to all who replied. Finally I chose Jamie's "half seated"
      > > instead of "half-sitting",
      > >
      > I think that was Helga's first, wasn't it?

      Yes, my thanks to Helga.

      Kostas

    • kzgafas
      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 3, 2003
        > Guys, you are kidding!!!! It was Kostaz, who first mentioned
        it!!!!! I just
        > Google checked (my first bet was half-seated) and confirmed, that I
        think he
        > is right!!!!!!
        >
        > H.

        Nooo. What I proposed first was "half-sitting". You came up
        with "half-sitting and "half-seated", prefering the "half-sitting".
        However, finally I chose "half-seated".

        But anyway, I prefer to use Google rather for terminology (as I have
        done about hundred times during translating this paper). This case
        of "half-seated" vs. "half-sitting" seems to me an example
        of "natural language", when Google may not provide a good answer.

        Kostas