Re: TERM: polosed

  • kzgafas
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 3, 2003
      > > Thanks to all who replied. Finally I chose Jamie's "half seated"
      > > instead of "half-sitting",
      > >
      > I think that was Helga's first, wasn't it?

      Yes, my thanks to Helga.

      Kostas
    • Helga Humlova
      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 3, 2003
        Guys, you are kidding!!!! It was Kostaz, who first mentioned it!!!!! I just
        Google checked (my first bet was half-seated) and confirmed, that I think he
        is right!!!!!!

        H.

        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 3, 2003
          > Guys, you are kidding!!!! It was Kostaz, who first mentioned
          it!!!!! I just
          > Google checked (my first bet was half-seated) and confirmed, that I
          think he
          > is right!!!!!!
          >
          > H.

          Nooo. What I proposed first was "half-sitting". You came up
          with "half-sitting and "half-seated", prefering the "half-sitting".
          However, finally I chose "half-seated".

          But anyway, I prefer to use Google rather for terminology (as I have
          done about hundred times during translating this paper). This case
          of "half-seated" vs. "half-sitting" seems to me an example
          of "natural language", when Google may not provide a good answer.

          Kostas