Re: [Czechlist] Re: TERM: polosed

  • JPKIRCHNER@aol.com
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 3, 2003
      No! Wait! Ja jsem blby! "Reclining" doesn't mean half-seated. Pretend
      I never said that last one.

    • kzgafas
      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 3, 2003
        Thanks to all who replied. Finally I chose Jamie's "half seated"
        instead of "half-sitting", since this passive form may be more
        appropriate for a poor patient suffering the torture applied by
        doctors upon him.

        K.
      • JPKIRCHNER@aol.com
        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 3, 2003
          In a message dated 11/3/03 7:54:16 PM, kzgafas@... writes:

          > Thanks to all who replied. Finally I chose Jamie's "half seated"
          > instead of "half-sitting",

          I think that was Helga's first, wasn't it?

          > since this passive form may be more
          > appropriate for a poor patient suffering the torture applied by
          > doctors upon him.

        • kzgafas
          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 3, 2003
            > > Thanks to all who replied. Finally I chose Jamie's "half seated"
            > > instead of "half-sitting",
            > >
            > I think that was Helga's first, wasn't it?

            Yes, my thanks to Helga.

            Kostas
          • Helga Humlova
            Message 5 of 11 , Nov 3, 2003
              Guys, you are kidding!!!! It was Kostaz, who first mentioned it!!!!! I just
              Google checked (my first bet was half-seated) and confirmed, that I think he
              is right!!!!!!

              H.

              Message 6 of 11 , Nov 3, 2003
                > Guys, you are kidding!!!! It was Kostaz, who first mentioned
                it!!!!! I just
                > Google checked (my first bet was half-seated) and confirmed, that I
                think he
                > is right!!!!!!
                >
                > H.

                Nooo. What I proposed first was "half-sitting". You came up
                with "half-sitting and "half-seated", prefering the "half-sitting".
                However, finally I chose "half-seated".

                But anyway, I prefer to use Google rather for terminology (as I have
                done about hundred times during translating this paper). This case
                of "half-seated" vs. "half-sitting" seems to me an example
                of "natural language", when Google may not provide a good answer.

                Kostas