Re: [Czechlist] Electrotechnical stuff

    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 29, 2003
      Joe wrote:

      > I am starting to get a feeling that this "magnetothermic switch" is simply
      > a "jistic^" ...

      This remark makes me think that it might be a device protecting circuitry
      against relatively short relatively high currents, that's the magnetic part
      (in fact electromagnetic), and against marginally high currents flowing for
      a relatively long, or medium-length, time, that's the thermic part. The
      latter is intended to prevent overheating of the appliance and/or power
      line. Then it could be called something like "jistic s tepelnou ochranou".