Terms - Farming

  • mon_cz
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 2, 2003
      Hi folks,
      is there anybody who would understand farming? I would appreciate
      your help with the following terms:

      Context: ".....is a multiuse farming tool that can be efficiently
      used to perform all of the following tasks:"

      -Disk down previous crop - Zaoravka predchozi urody???
      -- Deep ripping - Hluboke rozryvani??? (never heard such term in
      Czech)
      -- Land plane - ???

      -List up beds
      -Work beds
      -Drip tape installation
      -Shred stalks
      -Alfalfa

      Thank you very much
      Monika
    • karenjsell
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 2, 2003
        Monika,
        I do some ag work and could help you explain these terms but I
        contacted my associate at at VSZ - or whatever it is called now - to
        see how it is actually said in Czech. I'll let you know what he says.

        Here's a site that might help USDA Research Center
        http://www.ars.usda.gov/is/index.html - I saw the drip tape
        mentioned in one of their articles about irrigation

        Karen

        --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, "mon_cz" <monika.kramlova@s...>