Re: [Czechlist] Urgent help needed - SUNKOFLEKY

  • Darian and Veronika
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 1 6:52 PM
      Veronika suggests: "ham and noodle casserole." If it was made with ground beef, Darian would call it "Hamburger Helper." Veronika heartily disagrees, however...
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 1 10:32 PM
        How about macaroni and ham (similar to macaroni and cheese, I saw in NY,
        looked like our "sunkofleky"). It might have slightly derogative effect
        (like the original).

        > Hi,
        >
        > I know that there's probably no one out there at this time of night
        > but just in case - could anyone suggest an elegant translation of
        > the above meal (i.e. the cut-up noodles with meat and egg, baked in
        > an oven)?
        >
        > I am translating a TV commercial, so there's no way I can just leave
        > the original and explain in brackets - I need an actual word.
        >
        > If anyone manages to help by 8.30 a.m., I'd much appreciate it.
        >
        > Lucie
        >

        > Visit the Czechlist Homepage at: http://www.bohemica.com/czechtranslation

      • Pavel Trusina
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 1 10:37 PM
          Mila Lucie,

          v Milleniu jsem nasel "Ham Noodles".
          Srdecne

          Pavel Trusina
          pt@...
          http://www.pt.cz

          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 2 6:54 AM
            I think you sent this to me by mistake, Lucie. :-)

            >Great suggestion. Casserole is actually the word that has been
            >hovering on the tip of my tongue for the past three hours but
            >somehow couldn't make it to my brain. Thanks again.

            >L.

            --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com,