Urgent help needed - SUNKOFLEKY

  • Lucie Formankova
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 1, 2003
      Hi,

      I know that there's probably no one out there at this time of night
      but just in case - could anyone suggest an elegant translation of
      the above meal (i.e. the cut-up noodles with meat and egg, baked in
      an oven)?

      I am translating a TV commercial, so there's no way I can just leave
      the original and explain in brackets - I need an actual word.

      If anyone manages to help by 8.30 a.m., I'd much appreciate it.

      Lucie
    • Darian and Veronika
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 1, 2003
        Veronika suggests: "ham and noodle casserole." If it was made with ground beef, Darian would call it "Hamburger Helper." Veronika heartily disagrees, however...
        I know that there's probably no one out there at this time of night
        but just in case - could anyone suggest an elegant translation of
        the above meal (i.e. the cut-up noodles with meat and egg, baked in
        an oven)?

        I am translating a TV commercial, so there's no way I can just leave
        the original and explain in brackets - I need an actual word.

        If anyone manages to help by 8.30 a.m., I'd much appreciate it.

        Lucie

        Visit the Czechlist Homepage at: http://www.bohemica.com/czechtranslation

      • Mgr. Lenka Mandryszová
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 1, 2003
          How about macaroni and ham (similar to macaroni and cheese, I saw in NY,
          looked like our "sunkofleky"). It might have slightly derogative effect
          (like the original).

          > Hi,
          >
          > I know that there's probably no one out there at this time of night
          > but just in case - could anyone suggest an elegant translation of
          > the above meal (i.e. the cut-up noodles with meat and egg, baked in
          > an oven)?
          >
          > I am translating a TV commercial, so there's no way I can just leave
          > the original and explain in brackets - I need an actual word.
          >
          > If anyone manages to help by 8.30 a.m., I'd much appreciate it.
          >
          > Lucie
          >

          > Visit the Czechlist Homepage at: http://www.bohemica.com/czechtranslation

        • Pavel Trusina
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 1, 2003
            Mila Lucie,

            v Milleniu jsem nasel "Ham Noodles".
            Srdecne

            Pavel Trusina
            pt@...
            http://www.pt.cz

            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 2, 2003
              I think you sent this to me by mistake, Lucie. :-)

              >Great suggestion. Casserole is actually the word that has been
              >hovering on the tip of my tongue for the past three hours but
              >somehow couldn't make it to my brain. Thanks again.

              >L.

              --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com,