Term: Deed of Adherence

  • cz519441@tiscali.cz
    Message 1 of 88 , Sep 1, 2003
      Dear listmates,
      could you please help me with the above term?
      Context:
      With effect from the date of this Deed of Adherence the Acceding Purchaser
      hereby joins in the Sale and Purchase Agreement and undertakes to and covenants
      with the Seller and the Purchaser to observe, perform and be bound by the
      terms of the Sale and Purchase Agreement as if it had executed and delivered
      the same as a purchaser of the Relevant Shares and/or Assets as at the date
      of the Sale and Purchase Agreement to the extent that the Sale and Purchase
      Agreement imposes obligations on the party agreeing to acquire the Relevant
      Shares and/or Assets.
      I am tempted to translate "adherence" as "p?istoupen?". Please, let me know
      your views.
      Thank you.
      Lenka Sukova

      Je na case vyrazit z garaze .... http://zgaraze.tiscali.cz
      Poslete nahravku svoji kapely a vyhrajte kytary, combo a dalsi zajimave
      ceny!
      Message 88 of 88 , Sep 18, 2003
        --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, Mgr. Lenka Mandryszov� <iona@v...> wrote:
        > Helga is
        > right about changing the meaning when leaving out an important word, but we
        > cannot generalize it and only examples can be, IMHO, discussed here.

        Very true. I shall send examples as I find them in weeks and months to come.

        > There is a very good article about the problem (in legalese) in the latest
        > issue of ToP (Paul Sinclair - Neznalost zakona neomlouva) which aims at
        > de-mystifying legalese (common attitude to legal "speech").

        Paul sent me the article recently. I shall try to put it up on the Czechlist homepage in the near future.