Re: Offlist from an unexisting address?

  • Michael
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 21, 2003
      > That's what I thought.... . . .

      So much for Yahoo's statement on the "reply" page that "If you reply
      to the message author . . ., your email address will be displayed in
      the message you send." Gosh, what's the world coming to if Yahoo's
      bright red "Warning" can't be trusted to be true? :-)

      > to get infected by a . . . personalized worm capable of sending
      > informed . . . .

      Hmmmmm. Oh well, I'll skip the Baudelarian or other speculations
      about the extent to which parasite organisms can influence their
      hosts' behaviors and even thinking. To cut to the chase: my address
      at the U -- which Yahoo's web page even now is showing in full and is
      saying will be displayed -- is tritt002@...; and my address
      here in Yahoo is michaltrittipo@....

      I'll be incommunicado most of the day, as I'm taking my younger
      daughter off to her first day of college away from us. (I've been
      nearly incommunicado much of the past couple of days, actually. We
      were safe from Blaster, but Welchia managed to infect a machine
      *inside* the network, so . . .. :-( Well, it's the first in four
      years or more to get by, so it's a lesson learned in the next step of
      security to roll out here.