Re: THANKS

    Message 1 of 39 , Aug 3 6:15 AM
      Hi Coilin and Nameless Guy,

      Many thanks for your neat ideas. To express my appreciation, I shall dedicate the almost final version of my Czechlist song to you. Enjoy.

      THE CZECHLIST SONG
      Allegro con brio:

      Vocal backing throughout the song:

      Oompah tiddle diddle diddle dum,
      OomPAH tiddle diddle diddle dum,
      OOMpah tiddle diddle diddle dum,
      Oompah tiddle diddle diddle dum,

      When you're feeeeeeel-ing sad and blue,
      Cos your piece of work is due,
      And you haven't got a clue,
      [All:] Ask Czechlist!

      When you're stuck for le mot juste,
      And you've kicked the cat and cussed,
      Why not ask someone who's sussed?
      On Czechlist!

      "Where's my home? Where is my home?"
      Josef K. would mope and moan,
      Tyl the answer was made known
      On Czechlist!

      Hamlet gave us quite a teaser,
      "Both are good ;-s," wrote Mona Lisa,
      "More hits for 'to be'," wrote Caesar.
      Thanks Czechlist!

      Pontius Pilate's question was next,
      He and it were terribly vexed,
      But he didn't wait to hear "context?!"
      On Czechlist.

      Spammers with their wolfish grin,
      May huff and puff their way into the bin,
      To their chagrin, they'll _never_ get in
      To Czechlist.

      So let imitators flatter,
      Let the envious neg and natter,
      When you need some spare grey matter,
      HERE'S CZECHLIST!!

      Singer fades, whistling the oompah tune with a gently melancholic street-corner lilt while the vocal backing ooaahs the main refrain of the Czechlist song in an aetherial manner reminiscent of the final bars of Holst's Neptune...

      A pint of beer for each new verse (Czech or English).

      M.
    • Hana Viansová
      Message 39 of 39 , May 24, 2006
        Thanks a lot, Hanka, Coilin and Jamie,