Re: [Czechlist] Re: havarijni pojisteni, zakonne pojisteni vozidel

  • JPKIRCHNER@aol.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 2, 2003
      In a message dated 8/2/03 1:28:39 PM, bezdomovci@... writes:

      >I agree with Jamie; however, I would tend to favor "mandatory
      >liability insurance" over "compulsory vehicle insurance," as this
      >makes it quite clear what time of insurance is actually mandatory.

      "Mandatory" is a good word to use here too, but "liability" does not
      designate that the insurance applies to vehicles (which the Czech term did). As you
      know, you can have liability insurance for almost anything, including chocolate
      you've manufactured or the sidewalk in front of your house.

      >Further, the word "compulsory" works better in the context of public
      >schools and Olympic figure skating.

      I don't agree. I think "mandatory" and "compulsory" also work okay in an
      insurance context.

      Jamie
    • kanadan2003
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 2, 2003
        --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, JPKIRCHNER@a... wrote:

        > In a message dated 8/2/03 1:28:39 PM, bezdomovci@e... writes:
        >
        > >I agree with Jamie; however, I would tend to favor "mandatory
        > >liability insurance" over "compulsory vehicle insurance," as this
        > >makes it quite clear what time of insurance is actually mandatory.
        >
        > "Mandatory" is a good word to use here too, but "liability" does
        not
        > designate that the insurance applies to vehicles (which the Czech
        term did). As you
        > know, you can have liability insurance for almost anything,
        including chocolate
        > you've manufactured or the sidewalk in front of your house.
        >
        > >Further, the word "compulsory" works better in the context of
        public
        > >schools and Olympic figure skating.
        >
        > I don't agree. I think "mandatory" and "compulsory" also work
        okay in an
        > insurance context.
        >
        > Jamie

        Jo, ovsem, ze tam patri i slovo "vehicle" a nevim proc jsem to tam
        zapomel. Takze by to melo byt "mandatory vehicle liability
        insurance."

        Na zdravi!