Re: [Czechlist] Living in the UK

  • Radovan Pletka
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 2, 2000
      Don't buy books, buy electronic Leda dictionaries, especially big Hais
      Hodek is excellent, asn it works both ways. I am still using old DOS
      version, as it runs under W98 without a glitch and I am used to it. I have
      about 8 of their dictionaries (all electronic) and I am using them all the
      time.

      I have also even older DOS program with E<>CZ technical dictionary (70,000
      words) and electrical (30,000) and that one id usefull too and also still
      runs under W98

      At 07:12 PM 08/02/2000 -0000, you wrote:
      >Living in the UK is not too bad. I just drink gin and tonic instead
      >of beer and when I fancy beer I buy Staropramen or Gambrinus in bulk
      >in our local "Majestic". We used to be able to buy Czech dark beer
      >over here but they stopped it as the demand was not sufficient. The
      >English just do not know what is good, hey!
      >
      >I have a very limited number of good dictionaries over here. Any
      >suggestion what I should purchase when I go back home for a visit?
      >
      >Thanks
      >Martina
      >

      >Czech<>English translation resources page:
      >http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Forum/7953/Intro.html
      >
      >Czechlist archives:
      >http://www.egroups.com/messages/Czechlist
      >
      >Czechlist homepage:
      >http://www.egroups.com/group/Czechlist
      >
      >Community email addresses:
      > Post message: Czechlist@egroups.com
      > Subscribe: Czechlist-subscribe@egroups.com
      > Digest: Czechlist-digest@egroups.com

      Radovan Pletka, Czech and Slovak Services
      P.O.Box 11202, Burke, VA 22015, USA
      Phone703 323 6659, E-fax 561 423 8233, Mobile phone 703 980 8554
      pletka@..., RPletka@..., ICQ: 286 386 96
      www.czechtranslation.com - www.jobsfortranslators.com
      Publisher of the famous weekly job list for translators/interpreters -Feel
      free to request a sample (-:
      Subscription $30 per calendar year (or $3 per month if you are subscribing
      later in the year)
      (cash, check, VISA, MASTER and AMEX accepted)