RE: [Czechlist] Chat-Financak-Auto - thanks

  • Tropen
    Message 1 of 19 , Aug 1, 2003
      ok, existujou i ruzna udelatka a internetu.

      diky vsem,

      Tropen

      Message 2 of 19 , Aug 29, 2003
        Dear lismates,

        Anybody knows the Czech equivalent of the TERM please?

        Context:
        Sub-micron ISO 10360-4 results in tests at United Systems (CMM spec 0.5 +
        L/1000, UCC1 controller, 50 Hz filter, unknown path scan, test time = 70
        secs)

        My translation (too generic)
        Testy podle normy ISO 10360-4 provedene ve spolecnosti United Systems
        prinesly vysledky s minimalnimi hodnotami (specifikace CMM 0,5 + L/1000,
        ridici system UCC1, filtr 50 Hz, neznama draha snimani, doba testovani = 70
        sekund)

        Thanks a lot!

        Tropen
      • Vlasta Palikova
        Message 3 of 19 , Aug 29, 2003
          Perhaps the results were less than one micrometer?
          Vlasta

          ---
          Odchozí zpráva neobsahuje viry.
        • JPKIRCHNER@aol.com
          Message 4 of 19 , Aug 29, 2003
            In a message dated 8/29/03 1:24:26 PM, vlastimila@... writes:

            > Perhaps the results were less than one micrometer?

            Something or other (probably some particle) was less than one micron big.

            Note that a micrometer is a mechanical measuring device. You hold it in
            your hand and screw it back and forth to measure things in microns. A *micron*
            is a unit of linear measure equivalent to one millionth of a meter.

          • Vlasta Palikova
            Message 5 of 19 , Aug 30, 2003
              Oh yes, I see. The "mikrometr" in Czech is not "micrometer" in English (a
              unit of length). But in CZ, it is used quite often - "metr, milimetr,
              micrometr, nanometr, ..." Just a unit of length. This was what I meant. The
              dimension, not the measuring device. :-)
              Vlasta

              Message 6 of 19 , Aug 30, 2003
                In a message dated 8/30/03 5:26:13 AM, vlastimila@... writes:

                > Oh yes, I see. The "mikrometr" in Czech is not "micrometer" in English (a
                > unit of length). But in CZ, it is used quite often -  "metr, milimetr,
                > micrometr, nanometr, ..." Just a unit of length. This was what I meant. The
                > dimension, not the measuring device. :-)

                Wait a minute! I've just looked in the dictionary more carefully, and there
                is a second entry for the word "micrometer" that says it can be a synonym for
                "micron", so it looks like you were right.

                I suppose we say "micron" more often so that it's clear whether we mean the
                unit of measure or the measuring device.

              • Tropen
                Message 7 of 19 , Aug 31, 2003
                  Hi all,

                  Sorry to be late with my answer - I left the city for the weekend.

                  Thanks a lot to all of you who helped me with this term.

                  Tropen
                • Tropen
                  Message 8 of 19 , Sep 5 9:05 AM
                    Hi,

                    Anybody knows what the above mentioned term could mean please?

                    CONTEXT:
                    Building on our successful EP and DSE environment programmes, the new
                    initiative will feature educational marcomms targeted to business and
                    consumer end users alike.

                    Thanks for any help!

                    Tropen
                  • Elena Cuyen-Butterworth
                    Message 9 of 19 , Sep 5 9:07 AM
                      MarComm = "marketing communications", I think.
                      (http://www.jamdesigns.com/html/IT_mrkt.html)
                      Regards,
                      Elena
                      Anybody knows what the above mentioned term could mean please?

                      CONTEXT:
                      Building on our successful EP and DSE environment programmes, the new
                      initiative will feature educational marcomms targeted to business and
                      consumer end users alike.

                      Thanks for any help!

                      Tropen

                      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                      Message 10 of 19 , Sep 5 9:10 AM
                        Yes, looks like it. Have a look at this one:
                        http://www.dahlinger.net/marcomm/home.html

                        Elena

                        Message 11 of 19 , Sep 5 11:23 AM
                          Thank you Elena,
                          I did not see it before. Now, I have found many matches after inserting
                          "marketingova komunikace" into Google.
                          Regards,

                          Tropen