Living in the UK

  • lambotovi@netscapeonline.co.uk
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 2 12:12 PM
      Living in the UK is not too bad. I just drink gin and tonic instead
      of beer and when I fancy beer I buy Staropramen or Gambrinus in bulk
      in our local "Majestic". We used to be able to buy Czech dark beer
      over here but they stopped it as the demand was not sufficient. The
      English just do not know what is good, hey!

      I have a very limited number of good dictionaries over here. Any
      suggestion what I should purchase when I go back home for a visit?

      Thanks
      Martina
    • Radovan Pletka
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 2 11:54 PM
        Don't buy books, buy electronic Leda dictionaries, especially big Hais
        Hodek is excellent, asn it works both ways. I am still using old DOS
        version, as it runs under W98 without a glitch and I am used to it. I have
        about 8 of their dictionaries (all electronic) and I am using them all the
        time.

        I have also even older DOS program with E<>CZ technical dictionary (70,000
        words) and electrical (30,000) and that one id usefull too and also still
        runs under W98

        At 07:12 PM 08/02/2000 -0000, you wrote:
        >Living in the UK is not too bad. I just drink gin and tonic instead
        >of beer and when I fancy beer I buy Staropramen or Gambrinus in bulk
        >in our local "Majestic". We used to be able to buy Czech dark beer
        >over here but they stopped it as the demand was not sufficient. The
        >English just do not know what is good, hey!
        >
        >I have a very limited number of good dictionaries over here. Any
        >suggestion what I should purchase when I go back home for a visit?
        >
        >Thanks
        >Martina
        >

        >Czech<>English translation resources page:
        >http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Forum/7953/Intro.html
        >
        >Czechlist archives:
        >http://www.egroups.com/messages/Czechlist
        >
        >Czechlist homepage:
        >http://www.egroups.com/group/Czechlist
        >
        >Community email addresses:
        > Post message: Czechlist@egroups.com
        > Subscribe: Czechlist-subscribe@egroups.com
        > Digest: Czechlist-digest@egroups.com

        Radovan Pletka, Czech and Slovak Services
        P.O.Box 11202, Burke, VA 22015, USA
        Phone703 323 6659, E-fax 561 423 8233, Mobile phone 703 980 8554
        pletka@..., RPletka@..., ICQ: 286 386 96
        www.czechtranslation.com - www.jobsfortranslators.com
        Publisher of the famous weekly job list for translators/interpreters -Feel
        free to request a sample (-:
        Subscription $30 per calendar year (or $3 per month if you are subscribing
        later in the year)
        (cash, check, VISA, MASTER and AMEX accepted)