Mnam

  • Melvyn Clarke
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2, 2000

      > On a kiosk notice board - jacked potatoes
      >
      > In a Chinese restaurant where the menu was translated into
      > English - chicken with much room (didn't fancy that one!)

      Hmmm, that transfree newsletter has it's moments, Tomas, though I don't like
      their literature very much - if you need info on the business side of
      translation work, I would recommend "A Practical Guide for Translators" by
      Geoffrey Samuelsson-Brown - a little out of date now but still full of
      useful tips. I'll bring it along this evening.

      One of the less appetizing dishes I have seen on offer here was at a kiosk
      just behind Tesco's:

      DIABOLICAL FLESH ON TOAST

      Must dash. Have to gorge myself.

      Melvyn