HELP: grosso + priznak prislusnosti

  • coilin2003
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 2, 2003
      Hi there,
      is anyone familiar with the term "grosso" in the following contexts:

      "XXX informovala o tom, ze dle jejich poznatku nefunguji vybery z
      grosso firmy ABO (respektive z jednoho jejiho strediska) a celkove z
      retezcu OBI, Baumax, HDS a benzinových cerpadel"

      "XXX pozaduje podporu tohoto poydavku od vedeni YYY na grosso
      firmach"

      "YYY vytvori prostor pro projednani se vsemi jednateli grosso firem"

      Am I completely missing the point here or is this some sort of weird
      in-house term, which would be the same in English?

      Also, what would you make of "priznak prislusnosti"

      CONTEXT: "porizeni priznaku prislusnosti k retezci v prvotnich
      datech odberatelu."

      "relevance indicator"?? perhaps

      MTIA for any suggestions
      Coilin
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 3, 2003
        Ho Coilin,
        No idea about the grosso thing (nothing found on Google, I would ask the
        client). But:

        Priznak is in the Czech computerese the "flag" that you know from Outlook
        and similar staff.
        Hence, I guess they get the raw customer data from someone (or from their
        DB) and add a flag indicating this piece of data (name, PO, whatever) was
        originated by/related to a specific retail chain (customer???)

        If this is right, I would call the thing "customer flag" or flag of
        origin....

        Does that make any sense????
        Martin

        >Also, what would you make of "priznak prislusnosti"

        CONTEXT: "porizeni priznaku prislusnosti k retezci v prvotnich
        datech odberatelu."

        "relevance indicator"?? perhaps

        MTIA for any suggestions
        Coilin

        Would you like to contribute to Dominik Lukes's publicly available Czech <>
        English parallel corpus?
        See http://www.bohemica.com/corpus for details.

      • PSS Praha - Coilin O' Connor
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 3, 2003
          Thanks Martin,
          As regard "grosso" I get the impression that it might be some sort of
          in-house slang for "grosista" (wholesaler). Does this seem plausible to
          Czech ears?
          Best regards

          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 3, 2003
            Not to those of mine, but I've never heard 'grosista' either. Google returns
            that word only once, published in some kind of doubtful crosswords glossary.
            But true, it's not in a sheer contradiction with the context either.

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

            > > Would you like to contribute to Dominik Lukes's publicly available Czech
            > <> English parallel corpus?
            > > See http://www.bohemica.com/corpus for details.
            > >
            > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

            > Would you like to contribute to Dominik Lukes's publicly available Czech
            <> English parallel corpus?
            > See http://www.bohemica.com/corpus for details.

          • Otto Pacholik
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 4, 2003
              > > As regard "grosso" I get the impression that it might be some
              sort of
              > > in-house slang for "grosista" (wholesaler). Does this seem
              plausible to
              > > Czech ears?

              Yes, it does. Grosista was frequently used in the past and retail or
              retailista is currently used by those who wish to show
              their "knowledge" of modern terminology.

              FWIW

              Otto