Re: TERM: Vendor Managed Inventory

  • tomas_barendregt
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 23, 2003
      --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, "Jirka Bolech" <jirka.bolech@s...>
      wrote:

      > does someone know of an established Czech translation of "Vendor
      Managed
      > Inventory"? I've spotted "rizeni zasob dodavatelem" (r^i'zeni'
      za'sob...).

      Hello Jirka,

      That's what it is called in Czech, in my experience. It is a fairly
      new concept and term and so it may change over time but right now it
      is used together with the acronym VIM. (While the long form is
      translated, the acronym remains in its original English form just
      like in CRM, SCM, ERP, etc.)

      I have also seen "zasoby rizene prodejcem" but think this is just a
      poor translation of "vendor" as "vendor" in US English is synonymous
      with "supplier" (at least when it comes to manufacturing where VIM is
      mostly used). Prodejce would be "salesperson".

      Tom