TERM: pup-joints

  • Lenka Mandryszová
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 2, 2003
      Hi list,
      is there any engineer willing to reveal the secret of "pup-joints" to me?
      Unfortunately, no relevant context other than it should be a product of a steel mill.
      Thanks
      Lenka

      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 2, 2003
        Haven't heard of them before, but see: www.anson.co.uk/pups.html

        and other sites that pop up when you search for URL and image of pup-joint
        on good old Google....

        Apparently they are special things used in oil-indistry, the joint bit is a
        bit confusing, they do join to other bits, but only on one end... they are
        called "kratke vrtne trubky" in Czech according to Millenium, but let's
        check:

        Sorry, 0 hits on Google, but I'm sure you'll find them on some oil-industry
        websites in Czech along with the Czech term...

        > is there any engineer willing to reveal the secret of "pup-joints" to me?
        > Unfortunately, no relevant context other than it should be a product of a
        steel mill.
        > Thanks
        > Lenka

        > Czechlist resources:

      • Lenka Mandryszová
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 2, 2003
          Thanks a lot,
          I will use the Millennium term as it seems to be of very little importance
          in the document.

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/