Re: TERM - slib

    Message 1 of 2 , May 9, 2003
      --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, Lenka Mandryszová <iona@v...> wrote:
      > Hi everyone,
      > does anyone have a clue what "slib" might mean in the following context?
      >
      > "The ball mill is put under pressure and the SLIB is pumped into the tank=
      "

      Does your text have some connection with the Netherlands by any chance? Sli=
      b appears to be the Dutch word for sludge and I notice that it crops up from=
      time to time in English texts on the subject written by Dutchpersons.

      EEA - Glossary - sludge
      ... Bulgarian: ??????. Czech: kal. Danish: slam. Dutch: slib. English: slud=
      ge.
      Estonian: muda. Finnish: muta, lieju. liete; jäteöljy. French: boue. German=
      : Schlamm. ...
      glossary.eea.eu.int/EEAGlossary/S/sludge