TERM - slib

  • Lenka Mandryszová
    Message 1 of 2 , May 9 1:54 PM
      Hi everyone,
      does anyone have a clue what "slib" might mean in the following context?

      "The ball mill is put under pressure and the SLIB is pumped into the tank"

      I haven�t found it in any dictionary and Google search haven�t helped either.
      Thanks
      Lenka

      Message 2 of 2 , May 9 2:44 PM
        --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, Lenka Mandryszová <iona@v...> wrote:
        > Hi everyone,
        > does anyone have a clue what "slib" might mean in the following context?
        >
        > "The ball mill is put under pressure and the SLIB is pumped into the tank=
        "

        Does your text have some connection with the Netherlands by any chance? Sli=
        b appears to be the Dutch word for sludge and I notice that it crops up from=
        time to time in English texts on the subject written by Dutchpersons.

        EEA - Glossary - sludge
        ... Bulgarian: ??????. Czech: kal. Danish: slam. Dutch: slib. English: slud=
        ge.
        Estonian: muda. Finnish: muta, lieju. liete; jäteöljy. French: boue. German=
        : Schlamm. ...
        glossary.eea.eu.int/EEAGlossary/S/sludge