SELF-Re: TERM: synantropie, synantropizace

  • karel6005
    Message 1 of 2 , May 5, 2003
      --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, "karel6005" <karel6005@h...> wrote:

      > It seems to me that "synantropy" and "synantropisation" is
      > Germlish/Czenglish.

      Indeed it is. Just have got an explanation from my ultimate
      consultant: In the Greek original the word is written with theta and
      not tau. Therefore the transcription into English is "synanthropy",
      etc., which already gives plenty of reassuring *.edu hits on
      Google. "Synantropy" would show only a selection of German, Czech,
      Polish, Russian pages and the like.

      BR

      Karel