TERM: synantropie, synantropizace

  • karel6005
    Message 1 of 2 , May 5, 2003
      Hi,

      Is there anybody on the list with a background in environmental
      sciences who could help me with the right equivalent of the above?

      It seems to me that "synantropy" and "synantropisation" is
      Germlish/Czenglish.

      MTIA

      Karel
    • karel6005
      Message 2 of 2 , May 5, 2003
        --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, "karel6005" <karel6005@h...> wrote:

        > It seems to me that "synantropy" and "synantropisation" is
        > Germlish/Czenglish.

        Indeed it is. Just have got an explanation from my ultimate
        consultant: In the Greek original the word is written with theta and
        not tau. Therefore the transcription into English is "synanthropy",
        etc., which already gives plenty of reassuring *.edu hits on
        Google. "Synantropy" would show only a selection of German, Czech,
        Polish, Russian pages and the like.

        BR

        Karel