"k" for "tis."

  • Pecinkova - Prekladatelsky servis
    Message 1 of 2 , May 2, 2003
      Hi listmates,
      can any American native speaker confirm that American accounting materials
      and financials in general use "k" for our Czech "tis."? (1,897k)
      I am quite sure I have already seen it but just to be sure and to make a
      mistake.
      I am translating USGAAP stuff.
      Thanks
      Iveta
    • Michael Grant
      Message 2 of 2 , May 2, 2003
        On 5/2/03 12:25 PM, "Pecinkova - Prekladatelsky servis"
        <pecinkova@...> wrote:

        > can any American native speaker confirm that American accounting materials
        > and financials in general use "k" for our Czech "tis."? (1,897k)
        > I am quite sure I have already seen it but just to be sure and to make a
        > mistake.

        I think it would be readily understood, but it's nowhere near universal.
        Personally if I were going to use it, I'd put a space between the number and
        letter, and I'd probably use an upper-case K.
        Most big American companies post their annual reports online in PDF format.
        Maybe you could download a couple of those for reference.

        Michael

        Tel. (+1-512) 989-7480, Fax (+1-512) 989-2428