REFERENCNI ZKOUSKY - VERY URGENT

  • Pecinkova - preklady
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 24, 2003
      Hi listmates,
      would anybody know how to translate "referencni zkousky ridicu" in English (the type of exam people who use company cars or state vehicles must take to be authorised to drive such cars).
      Thanks.
      Iveta

    • JPKIRCHNER@aol.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 24, 2003
        In a message dated 4/24/03 9:51:28 AM, pecinkova@... writes:

        > would anybody know how to translate "referencni zkousky ridicu" in English
        > (the type of exam people who use company cars or state vehicles must take
        > to be authorised to drive such cars).

        I don't know about the UK, but in the US this is probably going to vary by
        state. In my state, Michigan, the type of license is called a "chauffeur
        license", and it authorizes one to drive various sorts of cars, small trucks
        and vans that carry cargo or people. If the vehicles are very heavy (more
        than 10,000 lbs.) or carry a more than 16 people, one needs a commercial
        driver license. If those terms are understandable to the other native
        speakers on the list, you could go with something like "test for a commercial
        driver license" or "test for a chauffeur license".

        Don't got with what I say. Let's see what the others do with it.

      • Pecinkova - preklady
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 24, 2003
          The problem is that as far as I know our "referencni zkousky" are not tied
          to the transport of cargo or people. It basically allows you to drive a
          company vehicle - even alone.
          Iveta

        • JPKIRCHNER@aol.com
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 24, 2003
            In a message dated 4/24/03 1:57:04 PM, pecinkova@... writes:

            > The problem is that as far as I know our "referencni zkousky" are not tied
            > to the transport of cargo or people. It basically allows you to drive a
            > company vehicle - even alone.

            Why is there a special license for this?

          • Zdenek Mikan
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 24, 2003
              IMHO this is not referencni but referentske zkousky which periodically
              test your ability to pass drivers tests.

              Zdenek

              Pecinkova - preklady wrote:
              > The problem is that as far as I know our "referencni zkousky" are not tied
              > to the transport of cargo or people. It basically allows you to drive a
              > company vehicle - even alone.
              > Iveta

            • Pecinkova - preklady
              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 24, 2003
                Thanks everybody who tried to come up with something. I still do not know
                how to translate but I guess I have to use a descriptive translation.
                Iveta

                http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                > > Czechlist resources:
                > > http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Forum/7953/Intro.html

                http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                > Czechlist resources:

              • Pecinkova - preklady
                Message 7 of 7 , Apr 24, 2003

                  > Why is there a special license for this?
                  I guess there is a directive or something similar regulating the use of
                  company vehicles. And it is called "referentske" not "referencni" zkousky -
                  sorry - I just copied what the client had sent me without thinking too much
                  about the Czech.
                  Iveta