Re: [Czechlist] TERM: "rádný hospodár"

  • Jaroslav Hejzlar
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1, 2003
      How about: "The members of the Supervisory Board are obliged to carry out
      their duties with due diligence."?

      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 1, 2003
        --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, "Jaroslav Hejzlar" <hejzlar@b...> wrote:
        > How about: "The members of the Supervisory Board are obliged to carry out
        > their duties with due diligence."?

        That's how 'pece radneho hospodare' is translated in Section 194 (5) of the Commercial Code, in the gospel according to Trade Links (not that I am really suggesting we should take Trade Links as gospel).

        See also messages 8024, 8054, 8107, 8108, 8114, 8121, 8130, 8134 in the archives.

        Melvyn
        ---
        A spectrum is haunting Europe... >->
      • Michael Trittipo
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 1, 2003
          mg> See also messages 8024, 8054, 8107, 8108, 8114, 8121, 8130, 8134 in the archives.

          Especially, imo, 8107, 8108, & 8130, to the extent that they suggest
          taking "due diligence" in this specific context (indeed, this phrase)
          with a grain of salt. I agree with the suggestion in the first two of
          those three that "due diligence" may (they said) or is (I'd be more
          inclined to say) too tied to a very specific pre-acquisition context.
          Those messages' author had good sense. Thus, a simple "obligated to
          exercise due care" is more to my liking in connection with this
          particular phrase about the duty of a director than any talk about
          "diligence." Another option would include something like "obligated to
          exercise reasonable prudence." The closest thing if one were to
          absolutely want to have an animate noun in the phrase would be "to act
          as a reasonably prudent person." "RPP" is a time-worn law-school
          abbreviation.