Re: [Czechlist] Re: Please help me with a company's slogan

    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 1, 2003
      Hi Dusan,

      > "My myslime na budoucnost, myslete s nami".

      I'd make it something like "Join us thinking about (the) future."

      The article is optional with no big deal of difference here, I suppose.

      I also think that some bolder alternatives to "thinking about" could be found,
      but I'm not very good at anything this close to poetry either.

      Jirka Bolech
    • Alena Ockova
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 1, 2003
        --- Dusan Papousek <Papousek@...> wrote: > A
        big company selling high-quality products

        > By the way, "zakaznicka karta" is "customer's card"

        loyalty card, customer card, store card, "XY=company
        name" card ...

        BR
        Alena

        Yahoo! Plus
        For a better Internet experience
        http://www.yahoo.co.uk/btoffer
      • Simon Vollam
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 1, 2003
          > "We are thinking about (the?) future, think with us".

          It's not too bad, but it needs editing:
          "We're thinking about the future. Think with us."

          > > "My myslime na budoucnost, myslete s nami".
          >
          > I'd make it something like "Join us thinking about (the) future."

          I quite like the "join us" suggestion. How about: "We're looking to the
          future. Join us."?
          Others may have more inspiration.

          > The article is optional with no big deal of difference here, I suppose.

          Never underestimate an article. The definite article is definitely needed
          here.

          Simon
        • Dorie Cavey
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 1, 2003
            What about: "We are looking ahead to the future. Come with us or join us or
            something? " You must use the article.
            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 1, 2003
              How about something like:

              We are looking to the future. Don't get left behind...

              Just a thought

              Coilin
            • JPKIRCHNER@aol.com
              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 1, 2003
                In a message dated 4/1/03 9:23:47 AM, dcavey@... writes:

                > What about: "We are looking ahead to the future.

                Better: "We look to the future."
                "We are looking ahead to the future," is too long and redundant for a slogan.

                You'd probably be better not to slavishly follow the original wording of the
                slogan and just composing something short and snappy. I think a better
                slogan than any of those translations would be:

                "Join us in the future."

                That's more like what a slogan would sound like in a country where people
                whiz by in cars and don't have half an hour on the metro to look at the sign.

                Message 7 of 10 , Apr 1, 2003
                  From: "Dusan Papousek" <Papousek@...>

                  New idea. What about: "We care about future. Think about yours!"

                  Article, old sport, article. :-)

                  Melvyn
                  ---
                  We're thinking ahead. Are you with us?