Re: [Czechlist] Re: Please help me with a company's slogan

    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 1, 2003
      Hi Dusan,

      > "My myslime na budoucnost, myslete s nami".

      I'd make it something like "Join us thinking about (the) future."

      The article is optional with no big deal of difference here, I suppose.

      I also think that some bolder alternatives to "thinking about" could be found,
      but I'm not very good at anything this close to poetry either.

      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 1, 2003
        We've got future on our minds, put it on yours

        .. come to think of it, I'd suggest some re-wording, how about:

        We count on future, count on us...

        ??

        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 1, 2003
          --- Dusan Papousek <Papousek@...> wrote: > A
          big company selling high-quality products

          > By the way, "zakaznicka karta" is "customer's card"

          loyalty card, customer card, store card, "XY=company
          name" card ...

          BR
          Alena

          Yahoo! Plus
          For a better Internet experience
          http://www.yahoo.co.uk/btoffer
        • Simon Vollam
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 1, 2003
            > "We are thinking about (the?) future, think with us".

            It's not too bad, but it needs editing:
            "We're thinking about the future. Think with us."

            > > "My myslime na budoucnost, myslete s nami".
            >
            > I'd make it something like "Join us thinking about (the) future."

            I quite like the "join us" suggestion. How about: "We're looking to the
            future. Join us."?
            Others may have more inspiration.

            > The article is optional with no big deal of difference here, I suppose.

            Never underestimate an article. The definite article is definitely needed
            here.

            Simon
          • Dorie Cavey
            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 1, 2003
              What about: "We are looking ahead to the future. Come with us or join us or
              something? " You must use the article.
              > A big company selling high-quality products (electronics, chemistry,
              precise machinery) wants me to translate the following slogan (plus many
              other things):

              > "My myslime na budoucnost, myslete s nami".
              >
              > I am not good on things like that, could you please tell me what do you
              think about the following attempt to translate this slogan?

              > "We are thinking about (the?) future, think with us".
              >

              > By the way, "zakaznicka karta" is "customer's card" ?
              >
              > Thanks to all...

              D. P.

              > Czechlist resources:

            • PSS Praha - Coilin O' Connor
              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 1, 2003
                How about something like:

                We are looking to the future. Don't get left behind...

                Just a thought

                Coilin
              • JPKIRCHNER@aol.com
                Message 7 of 10 , Apr 1, 2003
                  In a message dated 4/1/03 9:23:47 AM, dcavey@... writes:

                  > What about: "We are looking ahead to the future.

                  Better: "We look to the future."
                  "We are looking ahead to the future," is too long and redundant for a slogan.

                  You'd probably be better not to slavishly follow the original wording of the
                  slogan and just composing something short and snappy. I think a better
                  slogan than any of those translations would be:

                  "Join us in the future."

                  That's more like what a slogan would sound like in a country where people
                  whiz by in cars and don't have half an hour on the metro to look at the sign.

                  Message 8 of 10 , Apr 1, 2003
                    From: "Dusan Papousek" <Papousek@...>

                    New idea. What about: "We care about future. Think about yours!"

                    Article, old sport, article. :-)

                    Melvyn
                    ---
                    We're thinking ahead. Are you with us?