Re: [Czechlist] Re: Please help me with a company's slogan

  • Tomás Skront
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 1 1:53 AM
      I am sure that native speakers will come up with some excellent ideas, but I
      would like to add my own as well:

      "Future is all we are thinking about. Please join us."

      T.S.

      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 1 2:04 AM
        Hi Dusan,

        > "My myslime na budoucnost, myslete s nami".

        I'd make it something like "Join us thinking about (the) future."

        The article is optional with no big deal of difference here, I suppose.

        I also think that some bolder alternatives to "thinking about" could be found,
        but I'm not very good at anything this close to poetry either.

        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 1 2:18 AM
          We've got future on our minds, put it on yours

          .. come to think of it, I'd suggest some re-wording, how about:

          We count on future, count on us...

          ??

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          > Czechlist resources:

        • Alena Ockova
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 1 2:37 AM
            --- Dusan Papousek <Papousek@...> wrote: > A
            big company selling high-quality products

            > By the way, "zakaznicka karta" is "customer's card"

            loyalty card, customer card, store card, "XY=company
            name" card ...

            BR
            Alena

            Yahoo! Plus
            For a better Internet experience
            http://www.yahoo.co.uk/btoffer
          • Simon Vollam
            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 1 3:15 AM
              > "We are thinking about (the?) future, think with us".

              It's not too bad, but it needs editing:
              "We're thinking about the future. Think with us."

              > > "My myslime na budoucnost, myslete s nami".
              >
              > I'd make it something like "Join us thinking about (the) future."

              I quite like the "join us" suggestion. How about: "We're looking to the
              future. Join us."?
              Others may have more inspiration.

              > The article is optional with no big deal of difference here, I suppose.

              Never underestimate an article. The definite article is definitely needed
              here.

              Simon
            • Dorie Cavey
              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 1 6:12 AM
                What about: "We are looking ahead to the future. Come with us or join us or
                something? " You must use the article.
                > A big company selling high-quality products (electronics, chemistry,
                precise machinery) wants me to translate the following slogan (plus many
                other things):

                > "My myslime na budoucnost, myslete s nami".
                >
                > I am not good on things like that, could you please tell me what do you
                think about the following attempt to translate this slogan?

                > "We are thinking about (the?) future, think with us".
                >

                > By the way, "zakaznicka karta" is "customer's card" ?
                >
                > Thanks to all...

                D. P.

                > Czechlist resources:

              • PSS Praha - Coilin O' Connor
                Message 7 of 10 , Apr 1 7:45 AM
                  How about something like:

                  We are looking to the future. Don't get left behind...

                  Just a thought

                  Coilin
                • JPKIRCHNER@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 10 , Apr 1 8:38 AM
                    In a message dated 4/1/03 9:23:47 AM, dcavey@... writes:

                    > What about: "We are looking ahead to the future.

                    Better: "We look to the future."
                    "We are looking ahead to the future," is too long and redundant for a slogan.

                    You'd probably be better not to slavishly follow the original wording of the
                    slogan and just composing something short and snappy. I think a better
                    slogan than any of those translations would be:

                    "Join us in the future."

                    That's more like what a slogan would sound like in a country where people
                    whiz by in cars and don't have half an hour on the metro to look at the sign.

                    Message 9 of 10 , Apr 1 2:15 PM
                      From: "Dusan Papousek" <Papousek@...>

                      New idea. What about: "We care about future. Think about yours!"

                      Article, old sport, article. :-)

                      Melvyn
                      ---
                      We're thinking ahead. Are you with us?