RE: soft and hard costs

  • Simon Vollam
    Message 1 of 31 , Mar 2 1:10 AM
      Hi Sarka,

      One of my financial dictionaries mentions 'soft-dollar fees' and
      'hard-dollar fees':

      "Soft dollars - means of paying brokerage firms for their services through
      commission revenue, rather than through direct payments, known as
      hard-dollar fees."

      'Neprime/prime poplatky', perhaps? I'm not sure whether this fits your
      context though.

      Simon

    • Zemedelec@aol.com
      Message 31 of 31 , Mar 7 7:06 AM
        Just for fun, there's a phrase of James Baldwin's I'd like someone to try to
        translate: "Drop dead slowly, in great pain!" (vocative) I guess the "drop
        safe" title line reminded me.

        Leslie